HOW TO USE HOME REMEDIES TO TREAT DANDRUFF
Dandruff is a common scalp condition that causes an excessive amount of white or gray dry skin flakes to form on the scalp. One proven way to alleviate the symptoms of dandruff is with an expert anti-dandruff shampoo and conditioner such as CLEARTM Complete Scalp Care. However, if you're looking for a home remedy for dandruff, you can also try one of these natural alternative methods. For more severe conditions such as seborrheic dermatitis, it is recommended for you to consult your doctor for specialized prescriptions.
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR RINSE
An apple cider vinegar rinse can be a very effective home remedy to treat dandruff symptoms. It reduces the presence of the Malassezia fungus that irritates the scalp. When mixed with water it also washes away the build-up of dead skin that eventually leads to visible dandruff flakes.
To make an apple cider vinegar rinse, you'll need:
- Mix the apple cider vinegar and warm water in a cup.
- Pour the mixture over your hair, gently scrubbing and massaging your scalp for several minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with clean water. Wait between 8 and 12 hours before washing your hair with regular shampoo.
Treating your scalp with coconut oil is another effective home remedy for dandruff. Not only does coconut oil have naturally anti-fungal properties, but it is also great for hair.
To use coconut oil as a home remedy for dandruff, you'll need:
- Apply coconut oil directly onto your scalp, gently massaging into the scalp.
- Leave the coconut oil in for 1 hour.
- Shampoo and condition as normal, remembering to rinse well once complete.
- Repeat this treatment for up to a week if dandruff symptoms persist.
TEA TREE OIL
Tea tree oil is an essential oil known for its natural ability to tackle bacteria and fungi. When applied to the scalp, tea tree oil combats microorganisms that cause itchiness, irritation and flakes. Regular usage effectively moisturizes the scalp.
To use tea tree oil as a home remedy for dandruff, you'll need:
- Take a small application bottle and fill it 3/4 of the way with coconut oil.
- Add 10-15 drops of tea tree oil and mix well.
- Massage this mixture into your scalp, making sure the oils cover as much of the scalp as possible.
- Leave the oils in overnight.
- Wash your hair the next day with shampoo and conditioner.
Using home remedies for your scalp and hair can be great ways to get rid of dandruff symptoms, especially when used alongside anti-dandruff products like CLEARTM Complete Scalp Care.